Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Going Back home...

An army man, after a triumphant war, GOING BACK HOME

Green and scenic,
Blue and serene,
Looking out of the train,
Letting the breeze ruffle my hair,
A million thoughts taking its place in my mind,
A smile runs across my lips...
Oh, how it feels,
To strive for years, win a war,
And go back home!
Home...
Home...
A wife who misses me every day,
Yet knows I’m safe, giving all I can for the country...
A kid who waits for her papa to play with her...
Missing them all along,
Uncertainty gripping all the while,
The sweat and blood that dripped every day at war,
The horrid of bloodsheds being the sight,
An emotional win at the end of the war...
It was all worth it...
This long journey home...
The longing to be with family growing bigger...
The teary smiles that are waiting to welcome makes me more eager...
Yes, I love this journey...
Happy hours that leads me to where I want to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment